FLEXOID is a plasticised gelatine impregnated, cellulose based gasket material. The prime market for this material is the automotive sector, but it is also extensively used in other industries i.e. water jet cutting etc.
It is a very economical material, especially where price is a factor when dealing with original equipment and replacement markets.
- Excellent oil and fuel resistance
- Seals better at lower cost
- Available in roll or sheet form over a wide range of thicknesses
- Stored gaskets must be protected from wide changes of humidity and temperature to prevent dimensional change
- Not suitable for alkalis, acids and steam
- Maximum recommended service temperature: 120°C
- Prime market: automotive
- Limited uses in industrial markets because of relatively low heat and chemical resistance compared with other non-asbestos materials.
- Because of its ability to seal against petrol, oil and water at low cost, Flexoid is used extensively by leading British, European and US automotive manufacturers
- Flexoid has a major market share in the big four of the European Economic Community, i.e. U.K., Germany, France and Italy
- Carburettor; Fuel Pump; Front Plate; Oil Pump; Oil Filter; Side Cover; Timing Cover; Thermostat; Water Pump
- Input Shaft; Exit Housing; Top Cover; Gearbox to Clutch.
- Axle Cover; Axle Shaft.
- Material is supplied in rolls 1 metre wide on 70mm I.D. cores
- Width Tolerance:
- For 0.15 mm – 0.80 mm Thickness: 1000 – 1050 mm tolerance
- For 1.00 mm – 6.40 mm Thickness: 1000 ± 5 mm tolerance
- Thickness Tolerance:
- ± 10% on nominal
Material for export orders is wrapped in a polythene sleeve and shrink wrapped and strapped onto EUR2 (1200mm x 1000mm x 144mm) pallets.
Flexoid is sold in printed or plain form. Material can be printed with customer’s own brand. Details on request.
Material 1.00mm and over is laminated.
|Thickness (mm)||Thickness (in)||Frac (in)||Length (m)||Approx kg per roll||Approx O.D. (mm)||Rolls per EUR2 (Rect/Hex)|