OAKENSTRONG Gasket Paper is our premium range paper which has a cellulose fibre base, impregnated with a glue-glycerine composition and meets the needs for a high quality, general gasketing material.
Oakenstrong is recommended for low heat applications where high oil and fuel resistance is required.
For thicknesses in the range of 0.15 mm to 0.80 mm the material is produced in a single pass. For thicknesses of 1.00 mm or greater, the paper is laminated (using a gelatine based glue/adhesive) to give the desired thickness. For example 1.00 mm is 2 x 0.50 mm, and 3.20 mm is 4 x 0.80 mm.
The lamination process takes place after the paper has been successfully impregnated; the paper is then trimmed to produce a finished width of 1000mm ± 5mm.
With a high glycerine contents, Oakenstrong provides an efficient gasket paper which is able to seal against petrol, oil and water in a variety of applications including carburettors, fuel pumps, front plate, oil pump, oil filter, side cover, timing cover, thermostat, water pump, gearbox input shaft, exit housing, top cover, gearbox to clutch, axle cover, axle shaft and many others.
- Excellent oil and fuel resistance
- Available in roll form over a range of thicknesses including: 0.15 mm, 0.25 mm, 0.40 mm, 0.50 mm, 0.80 mm, 1.00 mm, 1.20 mm, 1.60 mm, 2.00 mm, 2.40 mm, 3.20 mm, 4.80 mm, 6.40 mm.
- Stored gaskets must be protected from wide changes of humidity and temperature to prevent dimensional change
- Not suitable for alkalis, acids, and steam
- Relatively low heat and chemical resistance compared with non-asbestos materials – limited uses in industrial markets
Manufactured to international specifications:
- ASTM F104 (F326929 – E21M6), previously identified as P3313B
- Colour: A green/grey and branded with the oak leaf design
- Tensile strength across grain: 13.79 MN/m2 minimum, 2000 psi minimum
- Maximum recommended service temperature: 120 °C / 250 °F
- Recovery: 40% min
- Fluid resistance after 22 hours at 21 °C – 30 °C (70 °F – 85 °F):
- ASTM Oil No 3 – Weight increase 15% maximum, Thickness increase 5% maximum
- ASTM Reference Fuel B – Weight increase 15% maximum, Thickness increase 5% maximum
- Distilled water – Weight increase 90% maximum, Thickness increase 30% maximum
- Thickness tolerance: Nominal ± 10%
- Material is supplied in rolls 1 metre wide on 70mm I.D. cores
- Width Tolerance:
- For 0.15 mm – 0.80 mm Thickness: 1000 – 1050 mm tolerance
- For 1.00 mm – 6.40 mm Thickness: 1000 ± 5 mm tolerance
- Thickness Tolerance:
- ± 10% on nominal
Material 1.00 mm and over is laminated. For export orders the material is wrapped in polythene sleeves and packed in sturdy cardboard boxes suitable for sea-shipment.
|Thickness (mm)||Thickness (in)||Frac (in)||Length (m)||Approx kg per roll||Rolls per Jaxpal box|